Dear Valued Patient,
Due to the recent developments regarding the spread of COVID-19 (Corona Virus), we are taking steps in
assuring our patients a safe and efficient way to consult with your psychiatrist.
Medicare and most commercial insurance carriers have approved of the use of telemedicine technology
for patient/doctor visits during this crisis. Our providers are using a variety of platforms including:
Doximity, Zoom, Skype for Business. These are HIPPA compliant software programs that allow face to
face video communication with your own psychiatrist.
This type of encounter with your doctor will be the same with exception of you logging on remotely at
the convenience of your own home. It is also important that you log on where your privacy is
There are few basic tips when using telehealth platforms for medical or psychiatric visits.
- You psychiatrist will email or text you an invite which will have a link the video platform.
- Typical devices that use these programs can work on your phone, computer, laptop, or
- If you don’t have an appointment, call the clinic to make one.
- Make sure you have a strong internet or wi-fi source. If not, the video and audio may be choppy.
- Please be available on about 5-10 minutes before your appointment time.
- Your psychiatrist will see you and will text/email/ or even call you once he/she is available.
- Have your visit with your psychiatrist.
- Once finished you can end the call by logging out.
- Depending on your psychiatrist, request for your next appointment.
Our staff will attempt to collect all co-pays and outstanding balances before your telehealth
We understand that many people have different IQ’s regarding technology, and we ask you to be
patient with this process. Please be flexible with appointment times as implementation of this
technology in our practice may have some growing pains. This is, for the foreseeable future, the way we
will be conducting our consults.
Please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html for the current CDC COVID -19
recommendations. Practice the recommended preventative hygiene practices such as frequent hand
washing, social distancing, and abiding with the staying at home policies in your area.
Hopefully, by taking these precautionary measures these inconveniences will be temporary and will not
cause major interruptions or delay in your care.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.